Sundays 9:45 a.m. Sunday School 10:45 a.m. Worship Service Children's Church 6:30 p.m. Sunday Evening Service Wednesdays 11:00 a.m. Jeremiah Ministry 6:30 p.m.…Read more
Some years ago, in the late 1930's and 1940's a lady named Mrs. Vallie Hott was filled with the Holy Spirit, and, concerned about souls, noticed there were several little children in her neighborhood. While speaking to a neighbor one day, Mrs. Hott said she wished she knew where she could rent a building so that she could start a Sunday School where all those children could learn about Jesus. Because these children were country children and from poor families, they did not go to the church in town for they thought they could not dress well enough. Mrs. Hott said they could come to her church bare feet and all! The neighbor informed her of a building she might get that belonged to a Mr. Hyronomus. At that time it was his workshop. Mr. Hyronomus said the building was available. Praise the Lord, a Sunday School was born! Mrs. Hott's husband, children, her family and friends all joined together to clean up the little workshop for its first Sunday morning service. Benches were added for seating and all was finished, and from those hills came children and adults to hear and learn the Word of God. Many were saved in this little workshop. One of those men saved as a result of this Sunday School was named Mr. Ed Bady. He had a piece of ground close by and he gave it to Mrs. Hott and the Sunday School to build a new church building. Yes, that little workshop provided a place where Sunday School and prayer services were held and founded on the Book of ACTS. The first building used for services was on a secondary road called Racey Road back in the 1940's.
- the Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16).
- there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19).
- in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years (John 1:1).
- in the blessed hope - the rapture of the Church at Christ's coming (Titus 2:13).
- the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ (John 14:6).
- regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation (Titus 3:5).
- in water baptism by immersion (Matthew 28:19).
- the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer (1 Peter 2:24).
- the baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
- in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled t live a holy life (Galatians 5:16-25).
- in the resurrection of both saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation (Revelation 20:11-15).
Romney Assembly Resources
Below you will find information about some of our programs and links to other websites (outside of Romney Assembly of God's control) that can and do provide information and assistance. Please take advantage of these services. We will continue to update the list as we find more that are available.
- Chronicles 7:14 Ministry- prayer team ministry that meets during the service for the blessings and presence of God to anoint the service.
- Jeremiah Prayer Ministry- prayer team ministry that meets on Wednesday morning to seek God and pray for the various needs of the community and nation.
- Romney Assembly Prayer Chain- let us join with you in prayer for your needs. You can submit a request by calling the church office at 304-822-4263 or using the contact form below.